Wednesday 19 February 2014

backpost: Paris

There were a few days at the beginning of my trip when i did not have internet connection. Thus, i will write here about my first stop on europe: paris. I left toronto in the evening on jan. 15. I ahd an all night flight, getting into paris at 8.30am with the time change. I did not sleep at all! Bohdan, a greek catholic seminarian, helped me once i arrived, to find a plac to stay. He is studying to priest with a missionary society of pries.There work is prism arily done in asia. I stayed with them in their building from 1600s or something crazy like that. I went to liturgy with them one morning in their crypt chapel. It reminded me of the movie "of gods and men" because of the very beautiful style of chant with the resonance against the stone walls. I dont remember ever experiencing something like that. I did touristy things such as visit the eiffell tower and the louvre and the sene and notre dame and alll that jazz. Some people had told me that paris was a dirty city with lots of people, and not so nice. But i really thought it was beautiful. Beautiful and old buildings in every direction.i would go back. And indeed i will, because my flight is out of there. Qlso had a niv visit with fr. Mykailo romaniuk at the cathdral. Tjats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment