Tuesday 6 May 2014

day 15-camino

Yesterday i left burgos. It is such a beautiful city. Possibly one of my favourites of all my travels. Tomorrow will be over halfway done the camino!! Praise Jesus. My knee and ankle are not so bad now. My feet are the trouble now. Blisters, heat rash, and general crapiness. But its all good. Ive caught up with quite a few people that i started with, but had to part on my knee day in pamploma. Yesterday was probably the best evening yet. After a 31km walk, i was welcomed into town by an applause from the pilgrims outside the hostal on the patio pub. It was great. Small town. Then we partied. It was great. The people you travel with day after day become almost like a family. Doesnt matter abouy language, age, race or whatever. It is just so great. We celebrated with beer, scotch and orujo. Not a good mix at all. This morning was pretty tough. But i madde it, and the camino continues. Christ is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment